In the UK nearly 1/4 of births are via C-Section and many more women experience the procedure throughout their lives for other gynaecological procedures yet there is no real guidance on how to heal successfully from such a major procedure and successfully reconnect to the core and deal with the soft-tissue issues (adhesions and scar tissue) that arise from these types of procedures.
Welcome to a new approach to c section recovery
We feel the current approach to c section recovery needs reviewing significantly and we offer a number of options at the clinic in Knowle for those that are newly postnatally and as well as those women who have had a section some time ago whether that is 1 year or even up to 15 to 20 years later. The impact of a C section does not necessarily just improve with time it needs a clear recovery plan.
have you had a c-section?
- Do you feel disconnect to your tummy and Pelvic Floor since your C-Section?
- Do you have a painful, uncomfortable or numb C-Section scar that you want to free?
- Does your scar hurt after any lifting or an exercise session?
- Have you noticed a change in your bowel movements since your C-Section?
- Have you experienced the odd leak when jumping, running, laughing or sneezing ?
- Do you have ‘lower back pain’ issues that you’ve been told is due to a ‘weak Core’?
- Do you want a better looking belly and unsure how to lose the typical mum tum pouch ?
If you have a answered YES to any of the above questions. – we have a SOLUTION to support you! We offer a range of appointments from a single c section massage, c section massage package to a more in depth programme combining massage and exercise including an on line programme
C-section Recovery Massage
Postnatal Massage treatment from 6 weeks post-birth
The C-Section recovery massage is a more in-depth treatment that includes all the elements of the postnatal massage and then focuses on the impact that a C section has had on your body. We will use specialist technique on the scar area to work on scar adhesions, reduce numbness and improve appearance of the whole area.
What to expect at the sessions :
- Debrief of your pregnancy and birth
- Detailed review of your pelvic health screening form
- Postural and Abdominal muscle assessment
- Pelvic floor activation assessment
- Breathing assessment
- Tailored massage based on your needs
- Demonstration of scar massage techniques for you to follow at home
- Detailed information advice sheet
Results will be seen at the first appointment however to experience more significant results it is recommended that additional sessions are booked
C-section Recovery Massage Package
90mins initial appointment plus
2 x 60mins follow up massage appointments
This package includes all the elements of the 90min recovery appointment plus 2 additional 60min follow ups and opportunity to purchase our recommended scar massage product – Tropic Tamanu healing balm at half normal price.
What to expect at the follow up sessions :
- Review of progress to date
- Additional Release stretches to do at work
- More in depth massage work on the scar area
Holistic Core Restore C-section Programme
This is the ultimate package for C section recovery whether your section is recent (up to 6 months) or some time ago.
It combines all the benefits of the C section recovery massage appointments plus smart, modern movement programming to get your Core ‘fit’ and pelvic floor functioning again! The emphasis is squarely on building on the fundamental pillars of screening that help us to create a BESPOKE programme for you! No one-size fits all here!
What to expect of Holistic Core Restore C section Programme
Includes 90min initial appointment plus 4 x 60mins follow up appointments that incorporate massage & exercise programme
- All the benefits of the C section recovery massage package
- Tailored exercise sessions to ensure you reconnect to your core and pelvic floor
- Lifetime access to Online programme to follow at home
- All equipment to use at home and to keep
- Additional follow up review 6 months post completion of programme
ARE YOU READY TO TAKE THE FIRST STEP ON YOUR WELLNESS JOURNEY?
Contact Jayne, The Women’s Wellness Coach for a personal consultation to discuss how she can empower you to feel great in your body!