Apricot and Rosemary Nut Roast
#plantnom – recipes for the plant curious
Not dry, not heavy but hugely tasty and very versatile – have as a main meal with veggies or with a salad, idea for lunchboxes and can freeze it in slices – the best nut roast you are ever going to make !
What you need :
2 onions – finely diced
200g Dried Apricots
200g Mixed Nuts
400g tin of lentils
4 fresh rosemary sprigs
Salt and pepper
What to do :
- Heat oven to 200 degrees / gas mark 6 and line of loaf tin with baking paper
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sautee onions for 10 mins until soft not brown
- Add apricots to food processor with 100ml of cold water and process until smooth paste. Add nuts and pulse until mostly broken down. Add the drained lentils to the processor and pulse until everything is mixed together. Transfer to a large mixing bowl
- Pull the rosemary leaves off the stalks and chop, add to the bowl with the onions and seasoning and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to the loaf tin, pressing down with back of a spoon. Until compact and level.
- Bake in oven for around 45mins until golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the tin before turning it out onto a board to serve