Creamy Watercress Soup
#plantnom – recipes for the plant curious
Love this soup and its high time we stopped just using water cress in salad and as a garnish , the creamy bit of this soup does not come from double cream or milk but from coconut cream so adds to the flavour too ! WINNER !
What you need :
2 bags of Watercress
450ml of vegetable stock
3 leeks chopped. – ideally mostly the white ends
2 medium potatoes chopped
1 small tin / carton of coconut cream
Salt and pepper
Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
What to do :
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the leeks and potatoes – cook on low heat for few minutes and then add the watercress and mix together.
- Turn the heat down as low as possible , put a lid on and sweat down the veggies for around 15 mins but stir every couple of minutes so does not catch.
- Add the stock and cook for around 15 to 20 mins
- Blend the sup in batches until smooth
- Stir in the coconut cream and season to taste and reheat gently
- Ideal for freezing too