#plantnom – recipes for the plant curious
Ok so a steak that is a vegetable does sound a bit strange but it actually works ! This lovely herby marinade packs a punch on the flavour front too. Serve as a side dish or a main on a bed of quinoa or rice
What you need :
3 cloves of garlic
½ red chilli – finely chopped
Handful of fresh chopped parsley
Handful of fresh chopped coriander
125ml olive oil
4 tsp dried oregano
4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Juice of a lemon
Salt and pepper
What to do :
- Heat oven to 180 degrees / gas mark 4
- Blitz all the marinade ingredients in a food processor to a rough paste
- Slice the cauliflower lengthways into 1cm slices. – if cauliflower large should easily get 2 good steaks but maybe 3 to 4 depending on size save the rest for another meal.
- In a frying pan heat the olive oil and gently brown the cauliflower 1 min each side.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and spoon the marinade over the steaks on each side, cook for 25mins turning half way.